Sunday, January 6, 2013

Getting ready for the first Stylish Patina Barn Sale of 2013

For the past 4 months I've been selling at an awesome Barn Sale in Frederick MD.  Every month I scramble, usually at the last minute, to set up.  And every month I look at my space and see a jumbled, somewhat organized, mess of different items.

See, look at all that junk, lol!

I've been wanting to re-design my space, but with a full-time business to run (aside from junk hunting/selling), a wife and young daughter, and a band (I play keys), I have precious little time to work on a redesign.  I'm thinking of building a wall between my space and the next and covering it with reclaimed pallet wood.  From this, I can hang pretty much anything, and give my space a focal point.

One option, whole pallets, attached as is. (courtesy of http://ifiwerentsolazy.blogspot.com)

I'm torn between two basic styles.  The whole pallet wall, like above.  It's super easy, requires minimal prep, and goes up in a few hours.  I can still hang things from it, and it doesn't look too bad.  The other style requires a TON of prep work, disassembling dozens of pallets, sorting the boards, building the wall framing, nailing all the sorted boards, and refinishing if needed.  But, this is what you end up with....


Look at that rustic, beauty!

I can easily source the pallets necessary, now I just need to find the time.  Anyone have any spare time machines hanging around?


-Terry




No comments:

Post a Comment