Monday, January 28, 2013

Travel Photography

One of the things my wife and I love to do is travel.  Through her frugal and inventive usage of airline miles and credit card points, we have been able to see Italy, France, Spain, Morocco, Gibraltar, and England. Additionally, we don't buy each other gifts. Now, I know what you're thinking, "No Presents at Christmas, No flowers on your Birthday?".  Honestly, it works out great for us as we love to travel!  Any money that we would spend on gifts we put towards travelling, and it has worked fantastic over the past 5 years. 


La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona Spain.  One of my favorite places in the world!


London Taxi at night in the Theatre District.


One of the 13 Ravens in the Tower of London.


Westminster Abbey at night, London.

We just booked an Easter get-away to one of our favorite places, London, and I thought I'd post some of my travel photos.  All were taken by me using a Nikon D60 with a primary lens of 55mm.  I'm upgrading to a full frame camera as the focus motor on the D60 was damaged this past summer in Spain.  I've never taken a photography class, but I'd love to take a digital photography class sometime.  I've fiddled around enough to get a basic understanding of how my camera works, but it's hard to go wrong with some of the most beautiful places sitting in front of you.  I'm hoping to expand my knowledge with the new camera.  Enjoy the pics, I have THOUSANDS, lol.



Backstreets just off Las Ramblas Barcelona Spain.


The Princess loves to eat lemons!  Barcelona


The view of Tower Bridge from inside the Tower of London


Taking a break from the hot sun while listening to some great buskers at Parc Guell in Barcelona.

Mosaic Medallion detail Parc Guell Barcelona.


Columns and awesome structure in Parc Guell Barcelona


The Princess and Stef at the entrance of La Sagrada Familia in Barcelona


Close up of the bronze door detail at la Sagrada Familia.


Tower Bridge, London.


Interior of la Sagrada Familia.  Reminds me of the end of the first Star Wars when Luke and Han are getting their Valor medals, lol.


Another interior, la Sagrada Familia.  The columns are supposed to be reminiscent of trees, supporting the roof.


Seriously, I love this place!



Clothing store near Portobello Road, London UK.


LOVE vintage and antique cameras!  This was at the Portobello Road market, in London.


Some great graffiti in Barcelona.


At the top of Montserrat in Spain. We took a funicular from the bottom.  


The Princess looking between the rails at the top of Montserrat.


The Basilica at Montserrat.


Statue detail outside of the Basilica at Montserrat.



Crashing waves in Nerja Spain.  Look at that water!!!  Great relaxing place to take the family.


Making Paella at Ayo's on the Beach in Nerja Spain.



Spanish Arc de Triumph.



More statue detail at Montserrat.




No comments:

Post a Comment